Last Updated: June 2018
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me (Lacey Dale). The views expressed in this blog are those of the blogger. For questions about this blog, please contact Lacey Dale.
The contents of The Pretend Adult (TPA) website/blog such as text, graphics, images and other material contained on the site (“content”) are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Contact a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you might have regarding a medical condition. Never ignore or delay professional medical advice because of content on the TPA site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, 911, or your local emergency number immediately.
Help is available to you. Find someone you trust and let them know how bad things are or find a local crisis hotline/centre for help.
THE PRETEND ADULT DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY THE PRETEND ADULT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE PRETEND ADULT WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH, OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If I claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic, product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device. As you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site.
We collect this information by using the following technologies:
- Log files – track actions on the site including IP addresses; types of browser; internet service providers; date and time stamps; referring and exit pages; number of clicks. All of this information is not linked to anything that is personally identifiable.
- Web Beacons – ‘tags’ and ‘pixels’ are electronic files to record information about how you browse the site.
- Communication Data – includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. My lawful ground for this data is processed for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping, and to pursue or defend legal claims. This data may be used to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising I serve you. My lawful ground for this data is processed for the legitimate interests which are to grow a business. I may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. My lawful ground for this data is processed as either consent or legitimate interests.
- Subscription Data – users might be asked to subscribe by providing name and email address to receive communication from The Pretend Adult. I use a secure opt-in subscription system and I reserve the right to contact subscribers with information related to this website and blog. Subscribers may unsubscribe anytime and every email delivered will contain an “Unsubscribe” link.
- Purchases – when you make a purchase through the site, I collect certain information from you including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, phone number). I refer to this information as “Order Information”
I will only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Data Security & Retention – I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Sensitive Data – I do NOT collect any sensitive data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race, ethnicity, political affiliations, or sexual orientation.
You never know what someone is going through – always be kind! This is not the place for harsh criticisms or demeaning comments. The Pretend Adult is here to create a welcoming, safe, comfortable community of support. I welcome comments that are constructive disagreements or debate. However, promotional comments, malicious comments or personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Some of the links on this site are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, at no extra charge to you.
I am not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. A merchant may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from mine. If you make a purchase from a merchant on their site or on a site that we have posted a link to, the information obtained on their store/site and the information that you give as part of the transaction, may be collected by the merchant and me. Please visit the merchant’s website for more information regarding its privacy policies, and/or additional terms and conditions.
The Pretend Adult is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.ca and affiliated sites.
The entire content of my website, including but not limited to, information, materials, and texts is my property and is protected by copyright law and international treaties. It has been posted with the intent that it be available and accessible for personal use. Such content may be reproduced for your personal use in whole or in part and by any means without any further charge or further permission from The Pretend Adult.
Reproduction of multiple copies of TPA content from this website, in whole or in part, for commercial use, resale, or distribution is strictly prohibited except with the prior written permission of The Pretend Adult. To obtain written consent for such reproduction, please contact me.
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on my website are retrieved from other sources external to The Pretend Adult and as such, are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. Some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the respective rights holder prior to reproducing the material or elements thereof.
You may not alter, transform or modify any of the information contained on this website in any way without the prior written consent of The Pretend Adult. I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission.