Having an anxiety disorder often means you are in a constant state of worry. You might worry about the past, or the present, or the future, but, it is constant uneasiness and fear. Using affirmations for worry will help to train your brain to understand what is necessary anxiety (being chased by a bear) and what is exaggerated anxiety (out of proportion for what is really happening).
One of the most beneficial things in my mental health recovery is to acknowledge my disorder and to accept it. I will often tell myself “It is okay to feel anxious in this situation. Most people do.” By training my inner dialogue to be kinder and accepting has boosted my self-esteem and confidence.
Here are 20 affirmations for worry:
- I am loveable and capable.
- My mind is focused on being in the moment.
- I take pride in my accomplishments.
- My feelings and needs are completely valid.
- It is healthy for me to take time for myself.
- I am learning to be patient with myself.
- Every day I become more relaxed.
- I am letting go of my worries because I know I can come back to them if I need to.
- Letting go of my worry is becoming easier every day.
- I look forward to new challenges
- It is okay to express what I need.
- I have many good qualities, such as ___________, and __________. (EX: caring, kind, compassionate, integrity, courageous, honest, respectful, fun, hard-working, reliable, creative, patient, trustworthy, thoughtful, capable)
- Learning to relax my mind is transforming my life.
- I love myself – just the way I am!
- Freeing myself from anxiety makes me feel healthier and lighter.
- I am optimistic about the future.
- Stay calm and relaxed.
- I recognize I am feeling anxious. It is completely normal to feel anxious.
- I am letting go of my worries.
- My mind is peaceful.
Using affirmations creates positive self-talk which leads to an improved sense of self and allows you to start to love yourself.
~ Lacey ~